If you do wish to get out and about then the best of the Hunter Valley is awaiting your discovery. Home to an array of authentic regional tourism experiences, it doesn’t matter what your travelling style is, there are so many things to do.
Why not join a wine tour – Cadair Cottage owns and operates Wine D Road Tours and can offer you pick up and drop off from the cottage in air conditioned comfort as you spend your day enjoying some of the finest boutique wineries in the Hunter. With a full restaurant lunch included, our full day wine tour represents excellent value.
Why not indulge in some of Australia’s finest regional delights at one of the many cafes or restaurants in the area or attend one of the many famous Hunter Valley events, such as the Lovedale Long Lunch, Jazz in the Vines or the Hunter Valley Gardens Christmas Lights spectacular.
For your Dining needs, we recommend:
- The Rutherford hotel
- Fratelli Roma
- King Bill iv
- Marmook & Poom Pooms
- Hunter Gourmet Pizza
- Monte Pio
- Lavenders riverside Café
- The Mill restaurant
- Blaxlands Inn
For your Outdoor activities, we recommend:
- Maitland Markets – Are on at the Maitland show ground on the first Sunday of each month from 8am till 2pm and are the biggest country Flea Markets in Australia. Featuring anything from Farmers produce to craft to bric a brac, with over 600 stalls there is sure to be something here to please everyone.
- The Historic village of Morpeth -The quaint village of Morpeth is a 15 minute drive from the cottage via Bolwarra. This historic village is on the Hunter River and is full of cafes and craft and gift stores. The antique stores here are also very popular. A visit to Morpeth is a must.
- Balloons Aloft (www.balloonaloft.com) – Why not take a balloon ride at sunrise and take in the spectacular views of the region, followed by a delicious gourmet champagne breakfast at the famous Peterson House winery (www.petersonhouse.com.au)
- Hunter Valley Gardens (www.huntervalleygardens.com.au) – Winner of the best tourist attraction and inducted into the NSW tourism Hall of fame. Featuring gardens over 60 acres, also home of the Christmas lights spectacular. Located next to the gardens is the Hunter Valley Gardens Village, featuring boutique shops, restaurants and the aquatic golf range.
- Hunter Valley Horse Riding & Adventures (huntervalleyhorseriding.com.au) – ride over 300 magnificent acres with spectacular views of the wine country, lower hunter and far north as the Barrington Tops. Sunset rides are available as the wildlife awakens and begins to feed. Ride with the kangaroos in the glow of the beautiful sunset.